Letting the dog in. Letting the dog out.
Stepping out into your backyard for that barbecue.
Sitting under the Harvest Moon on your deck all evening while still being able to see inside your home.
In many ways, sliding patio doors offer more value to the residents of a home than the front door. They can certainly add convenience, an elegant quality, and a fun vibe, and they may even enhance the resale value of the house.
Sliding doors that don’t function the way they’re supposed to, however, can really put a damper on the mood.
You know you need to replace them when:
- The doors are too hard to open and shut.
- The glass panes are damaged or scratched.
- The locking mechanism or other features don’t work properly.
- Air is escaping.
- You simply want a more modern look.
Before you begin the steps to replace your patio door, ask yourself if you’re happy with the current size of the entryway. You may wish to expand it as a part of the patio door replacement. While you’re at it, you may also wish to add sliding doors where they don’t already exist, such as in a bedroom, so keep that possibility in mind as well.
How to Choose the Best Sliding Patio Doors
If you are planning to replace your sliding patio doors, you will find the best sliding patio door options and door and window installation services here at DeYonker Window & Door.
When you do begin researching your options, you will see that you have plenty of decisions to make and that the price range runs the gamut. Here are a few things you should do or keep in mind.
1. Look for windows that enhance the appearance of your home. Explore different color, glass, and handle options.
2. As for the material, decide if you want vinyl, fiberglass, or aluminum sliding doors. You may even opt for moving glass walls, a concept that has been gaining popularity in home designs in recent years.
3. Keep this in mind: The least expensive option is not always the best. Sliding doors get so much use and can truly beautify your home, so the quality and functionality are just as important as the cost.
4. Ask our door and window installation specialists about warranties.
5. Make sure the locking mechanisms provide the necessary security features and are easy to use.
6. In southeast Michigan, windows and doors should do their job of keeping cold air out of your home. Explore the quality of the insulation as you’re comparing brands for sliding patio doors.
8. Make sure the glass panes, handles, track, and crevices will be easy to clean and maintain.
Visit our Window and Door Showroom in Rochester
If you are considering replacing your sliding patio doors, now is the perfect time. Damaged doors and windows might not provide the insulation they should, which will mean cold drafts when the winter comes.
For installation before the cold weather is truly upon us, start exploring your options today by visiting the DeYonker Window and Door showroom in Rochester. While you’re here, we can answer any questions you might have about how to choose the best sliding patio door styles for your home.