“Hurry up and shut the door! Mosquitoes are going to fly in!”
Yep. We wait all fall, winter, and early spring in Michigan to open doors and windows to let the air in … only to be concerned about insects taking over our homes and buzzing in our ears at night. Sure, you can add a traditional screen door, and they’re still great options. However, they aren’t always the most attractive elements on a house, so many Michigan homeowners opt for retractable screen doors.
Retractable screen doors offer ventilation in your home, but you can tuck them away and out of sight when they’re not in use.
Andersen’s Luminaire brand of retractable screen doors, specifically, offer the benefits of traditional insect screens, but without changing the look of your entryway.
Facts about Andersen’s Retractable Screen Doors
Beyond the convenience of easily walking between your patio and kitchen or dining room, screen doors allow you to bring natural light and ventilation into your home. That, in turn, can contribute to mental and physical health benefits such as cleaner air and improved mood.
Andersen’s retractable screen doors are made for single- or double-hinged door openings. They feature the SlideAway insect screen system, so homeowners can simply slide the screen off to the side or up when not in use. The screens are designed for quiet, smooth operation.
Following are several other key features of the doors.
- Screens for single inswing hinged doors are adjustable to fit opening widths from 31 ⅞ inches to 36 ⅜ inches.
- Screens for double inswing hinged doors are adjustable to fit opening widths of 68 inches to 72 inches.
- The height options are 78 inches, 80 inches, and 84 inches.
- The corners are reinforced for durability.
- The system includes locking night latch.
- The screens include color-matched handles with a slim profile.
- They are available in white, sandstone, bronze, and black.
Andersen’s Luminaire retractable screen doors are also backed by a 5-year limited warranty for the screen housing, latch housing, screen track, endcap, and sill adapter components.
For more information about Andersen’s products for doors and windows, contact DeYonker Window & Door or visit our showroom, located on Auburn Road in Rochester, Michigan.