Opening up the windows and letting the breeze in is what it’s all about. If those windows are making you work your arm muscles or have become weathered around the edges, however, it may leave you feeling disappointed rather than refreshed. If looking up at your windows is making you feel down, it’s time for an update.
As you research window installation services in Michigan, you will probably feel somewhat overwhelmed with the many window material options that are available. Each option has its own benefits regarding cost, design, and functionality, but for this particular blog we’d like to talk about the many benefits of vinyl sliding windows.
If you live in metro Detroit, vinyl sliding windows can be especially beneficial. Here’s why.
1. They’re Ideal for Any Michigan Season
You know what they say: “If you don’t like the weather in Michigan, wait 5 minutes.”
- When properly installed, vinyl sliding windows are ideal for the winter. They will keep that cold air out, especially if you opt for doubled-pane or triple-pane windows.
- The smooth, easy gliding will allow you to breathe in that refreshing spring air after that long winter.
- Keep those sliding windows shut to hold in the air conditioning throughout the summer. They’re outstanding when it comes to energy efficiency.
- Close them back up to hold in the heat in the fall.
- Do all of the above combined in the same day . . . you know, because it’s Michigan.
2. Vinyl Sliding Windows are Easy to Maintain
A little soap, water, and a microfiber cloth are all you need to clean the sill and frame. Use a squeegee with the soap and water for the windowpane itself, and you’re all set. Vinyl sliding windows are naturally very durable, so you don’t have to worry about damaging them by cleaning them.
You don’t even need to paint or stain them. They’ll last about 20 years. Just give them a good wipe every now and then … and let them be.
3. They’re Known for Being Energy-Efficient
Energy-star rated vinyl windows are characteristically energy-efficient. They’re airtight, so air doesn’t escape out or sneak in.
4. Vinyl May Be Less Expensive than Other Materials
Although it depends on style, brand, and size, vinyl windows tend to be less expensive than other materials. That makes them especially ideal if you are planning on selling your home. You can replace those windows at a lower cost while improving the curb value of your home.
5. Door Windows Beautify and Enhance Your Metro Detroit Home
If you’re considering replacing or adding a sliding door on your metro Detroit home, vinyl sliding doors are available in several styles, colors, functionality features, and brands. Choose the look and feel that matches your home.
Add a vinyl sliding window between your kitchen and your deck or your dining room and your backyard for a wide-open view of the outdoors. Sliding vinyl door windows will create an abundance of natural light in your home, which can beautify the home, improve your mood, and allow you to flip those light switches to “off.”
Sliding doors also make it easy for you to enjoy those backyard barbecues or long Michigan evenings around the bonfire. Simply pop in and out of the home as needed. Leave the screen shut and the door open to communicate with people outdoors while you are inside if necessary.
Sliding windows allow you to create a cohesiveness between the inside and the outside, so you can claim that backyard as a part of your home all year long. Whether you are inside looking out or outside looking in, sliding doors add luxurious simplicity to your home.
If you are looking to replace or add new vinyl sliding windows on your metro Detroit home, schedule a consultation with DeYonker Window & Door’s installation professionals. Our window installers can help you choose the perfect window styles for your lifestyle and your budget.